10.22.2012

Love Letters

Hi Everyone
 Happy Monday
When I spotted this vintage mail box 
it made me smile
 it brought back so many  wonderful memories 
of my handsome husband and I when we first met........
I was a flight attendant and gone all the time
 so we wrote
  each other love letters once a week it was so romantic
It was so fun to go to the mail box
{not as cute as this one}
and see if {hope} there was another letter from him

I Could not wait to hang 
 this vintage
treasure in our hallway
This morning when we came down the hall
 for our first cup of coffee
 look what I found

A love note on the mailbox
~Today is our 24 Wedding Anniversary~
What a fun way to start the day

 This is our engagement picture
{Love}
 that we still
 write each other {Love } letters
we make each other laugh
we hold hands and have date nights once a week
Blessed and Grateful to be married to such a handsome wonderful man
who still makes my heart skip a beat

linking for Tuesdays Treasures


romantic saying for today

"From this day forward you shall not walk alone
 My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home"
unknown
Pam

12 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you both for many more blessed years of marriage. I loved reading your "Love Story" with the mailbox. What the world needs are more couples like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Pam! My husband and I have been married for 23 years.We celebrated ours on June 3rd.We are high school sweethearts.I married my best friend :-)
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet picture-you are beautiful!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO blessed to have you as my parents!!! Happy 24th anniversary...and to many many more LOVELOVELOVE yall :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you two a very happy Anniversary and many more to come. 24 yrs. is wonderful. Your love will continue to grow as you both grow as people.
    My husband and I met at a laundry/dry cleaners by Davis Monthan Air Force Base (Tucson, AZ). I lost my job there but had told a friend I'd also met there if she saw him to let him know I was looking for him.
    A few weeks later the friend saw hubs and told him. She got his # for me and I called him. We met at a public place with my friend, talked awhile then made a date. We went out on 10/18/68, got married on 11/30/68 and he left for Nam on 12/26/68. He was in the Jolly Greens Rescue and Recovery Unit with helicopters. They would go across DMZ lines to pick up shot down pilots. We hardly knew each other and I had 3 small children from my 1st. marriage.
    We'll have our 44th. anniversary next month. It doesn't seem like 44 yrs. but I'm sure it doesn't feel like 24 to you two. I'm so happy for you. Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mailbox. What a great find.

    Such a sweet husband to leave you love notes. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyeux Anniversaire à tous les deux, je vous souhaite encore pleins de jours heureux!
    La BAL est splendide.
    Belle et douce semaine remplie de joie, d'amour et d'amitié
    Sandrine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a handsome couple!!! We share the same anniversary....ours is 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to tell you how much you look like Shelley Long and hubby Tom Selleck. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to you both! What a handsome couple you are. Love the mailbox and I enjoyed your story. I wish you many more happy years together.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments