7.25.2012

Bakelite Vintage Treasure

 Hi Everyone
 Happy Wednesday
Sometimes when  shopping
 for vintage treasures
I am surprised at what is found or what seems to find me


   Many of you have asked me about this Bakelite
 light switch cover 
which says
~God Bless Our Home~
It is a vintage treasure that literally fell into my lap
we were shopping  in Texas
 I was looking at cowboy boots
 I grabbed a pair off a high shelf and then sat down to try the boots on
 I turned the boot over and the cover fell onto my lap
I took one look and
sighed
This treasure quickly found a place
in my heart

and now it is in our Home
It is one of my favorite vintage treasures
The seller could not figure out where this treasure came from
or how it got into the boot
He just gave it to me!!!!!
{Love}
 it felt like it found me somehow
and it is right where it belongs
Have you ever had a vintage treasure seem to find you too?
linking for White Wednesday

romantic saying for today

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness" 
Holmes 



Pam


5 comments:

  1. What a sweet little discovery! Yes, I do believe that it was meant to come home with you! Enjoy! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is a sweet discovery Pam!! had to stop in on my morning off and say hello! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,

    Your cute switchplate adds such amazing charm to your home. Our homes are a reflection of our hearts. I have never met you in person but just visiting your home through your blog makes me feel like I know your heart ♥ Thank you for sharing about your beautiful home. I look forward to reading each post you make.

    ~ Lisa from Indiana ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,
    what a great story about how your light switch found you...........guess the Lord just wanted to bless your home, so HE did with the light switch. What a great reminder of God's intentional Gifts to us.
    thanks for sharing it with us, and it is a mighty cute light switch at that..........and best of all it has
    a great spiritual lesson attached.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments