8.23.2011

Vintage White Ironstone Mark

Hi Everyone
Happy Tuesday

The mark on a vintage treasure is an important
way to find out who, when and where a piece was made

Two Wonderful followers have asked me
  if the
~Ironstone~
  they found are true vintage treasures
 If you look closely at the two marks above
you will see a difference
although at first glance they look  very similar

The first mark tells you
It is Royal Ironstone China
Made by Johnston Brothers in England
early 1883
The second mark 
 is Royal Ironstone China
Made by Alfred Meakin in England 
it is from 
1883-1913 
Both pieces have the mark of a valuable vintage treasure

This mark is ironstone
by Staffordshire made in England
from 1890

This is  Mason  Ironstone ware company Mark
from 1815


White Ironstone was first patented in July 1813 by Charles Mason
{Love}
the description
"as hard and durable as iron"



These marks are just some of the many marks found  on White Ironstone
and sometimes the mark has worn off completely
So my advice is don't be afraid to buy Vintage White Ironstone but if you can check the mark on the base
 you may have found a real vintage treasure too
I have been collecting White Ironstone for so long 
and I still get excited when I find a new piece 
 Love the old and the new 
White Ironstone
here is a mark of new Ironstone


romantic saying for today

"You have bewitched me body and soul and I Love you"
Jane Austen



Pam

6 comments:

  1. veyr helpful information. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this valuble information! I will have to look for these marks for sure!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. The image at the top of your post is good enough for a pattern on china.
    Love the Jane Austin quote.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I am your newest follower, hope you visit soon
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pam for this post. I'm going to check all my ironstone now and see what the marks look like.
    xo~
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an ironstone Alfred meakin china with bronze trimmings and designs. Whereabouts is the value for an entire set?

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments