6.13.2011

Vintage French Basket ♥

Hi Everyone
Happy Monday
 
This weekend our family went on a picnic with friends
at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis club
complete with pink lemonade, delicious bbq chicken and deviled eggs
{Love}
picnics 
 getting all of the food together
I realized we didn't have a traditional picnic basket
it broke on our last picnic
 we have baskets everywhere in our home 
so the hunt was on for the right basket for the job




This vintage white basket is
beautiful


This one is a nice size and shape



this Nantucket basket


A bunch of baskets at the ready in the dining room
one with the tag still attached... oops







Here is the basket that worked the best
It is one of my ~favorites~ a vintage french basket it has a wooden bottom
 a great handle
worked perfect for the tall lemonade bottles 
it even looks cute with magazines
Even though its not a traditional picnic basket it worked like a charm
A wonderful reason to have another picnic soon

linking with
Show off your Cottage Monday 
Masterpiece Monday 
Between naps on the porch

romantic saying for today
"Your words are my food your breath my wine You are everything to me"
Sarah Bernhardt


Pam

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You already had me at devilled eggs but the basket made everything even prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first basket with the bottles and the roses!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the first basket! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful collection of baskets!! The one you ended up using is perfect!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful basket collection, love the one you chose for your picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, your picnic looks idyllic! Love all the textiles you took along. I could spend an afternoon reading in this spot just fine. ~ Sarah
    PS
    Your header of white hydrangeas is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely...baskets to hide magazin, and "stuff" is a must...he,he....Beatuiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice baskets, Pam. I love La Jolla. When we lived in Scottsdale, my favorites thing to do in the summer was visit La Jolla (yep...I was a very happy Zonie for a little while......)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to hold on to baskets too...never know when you'll need one! You sure know how to picnic in style!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful picnic! It's always great to have a collection of baskets; they are so useful.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments