11.27.2010

Christmas Tradition

When our daughter was a baby we lived next door
to a Danish couple who introduced our Family to the Danish tradition of
candles on the Christmas tree.
On Christmas eve before Church we were all invited
to come and have glogg and apple cider and cookies galore
and watch the
lighting of the candles on the tree
It was amazing how beautiful the tree was with all the candles lit
( there was always a fire extinguisher handy just in case)
It was fun to watch the faces of the children as the tree glowed and we all sang
Silent Night
I started collecting the european candle holders and now
I buy one every year to add to the collection
We don't light the candles on our tree but we still put them on and remember the glow

Some are new, some are old but they are special to me because of the memories
Making memories and celebrating family traditions is what makes
Christmas so special
What are your family traditions?
Christmas
Blessings
Pam




3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a beautiful tradition, Pam! I love having candles {faux} in all of my windows. There is something about a single candle burning!!

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and love it! Collecting the candle holders is a wonderful tradition.
    I'm from So Cal also. I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit me at walnutandvine.blogspot.com. Have you seen the blog locationcentral.blogspot.com? It's a great idea.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some old candle holders from my mother (she is Danish) and we use them each year on Christmas Eve, and light a few candles on the tree . I love the idea of collecting a new one each year and keeping the tradition alive.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments